SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyvixen84

Foundation Inspection today..What does it entail?

ladyvixen84
12 years ago

So, my possible(not purchased yet) cute, little green money pit is having a foundation inspection this afternoon. I tried using google to see if I could get information on what the engineer will do, look at, and if there are any questions I should be asking. But unfortunately I couldn't find a whole lot of relevant information. I did find a bunch of information on regular home inspections, but I already sorta know what they will be looking at from seeing past inspection papers on the house already.

Will the engineer give me a written report the same day, or will I be getting it in the mail. Can he tell me on the spot whether the structure is okay or if it needs repairs? Here, I know it takes a few days for regular inspections to come in the mail, but that entails a whole lot more of details and items that are being looked at.

I'm nervous as all get out! If she has good bones we will continue the inspection process with a whole home and pest inspection. Iowa mandates that all homes being sold or purchased have pest inspections, and it's recommended to have them done every 2 years. I got a great inspector lined up who works with the historical homes here, and he is a great price too! $275.00 for a whole home inspection!!!! Then the pest inspection is $150.00

So, I think I have everything lined up that needs to be done when purchasing any home. Now, do I really need to hire a private appraiser? I guess that's a whole different topic at a later date :)

Comments (6)