SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marcia_thornley

Tried this today - Breakfast Recipe

Marcia Thornley
16 years ago

Just thought I'd share. We had friends over for breakfast today as they went through town.

I made this last night for this mornings breakfast. It was great to make ahead and just pop in the oven for an hour. It was really tasty and virtually vanished off the table. Not a scrap left! I served it with toasted english muffins and fresh berries with vanilla yogurt.

I will definately make this again.

Breakfast Casserole with Hot Sausage

Serve this egg casserole for breakfast or brunch, along with sweet rolls or muffins and mixed fruit. Prepare this breakfast casserole the night before, then pop it in the oven in the morning.

INGREDIENTS:

6 slices bread, crusts removed

4 tablespoons butter

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

5 eggs, beaten well

2 cups half and half

1 pound Spicey HOT sausage

Salt & pepper.

I also added some chopped green onion. I think you could add chopped red or green peppers and onion also.

Preparation:

Cook sausage until no longer pink; drain well. Melt butter in 9x13-inch baking dish. Tear bread into pieces and sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle drained sausage, cooked well done, over bread crumbs.

Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Beat eggs with half and half and salt; pour over mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.

Comments (12)