SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corgilvr_gw

ran down the junk man...

corgilvr
18 years ago

As I was driving my husband to work this morning, one of the local trash haulers had a load of very old windows in a trailer. I phoned as soon as I returned home and he answered to say he was on his way to the dump. Yikes! I drove (sped) to the town he had stopped in for gas so I could take a look at the windows. He is going to bring back the large sash with intact windows for me to try to salvage the old glass from. (I've previously posted about restoring my old windows.)

While we were chatting, he mentioned he had lots of old doors on his "burn pile" that I could come out to look at. He said I was welcome to the hardware if I didn't want the doors. I'm waiting for the call as I type.

I'm in South Central PA. If you are looking for a curved sash or glass please email me. I don't think I'll have any use for the other old wooden sash after I remove the glass. Those will be up for grabs as well. If the doors are good, I'll just bring them home and hope someone can use them.

I hate to see this good stuff go to the dump or get burned. Surely someone will need some of this. Should we start a "needs" list for parts/pieces members may need for their restorations?

Comments (8)