SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houseful_gw

Help w/ final design decision needed

houseful
15 years ago

I am so excited that we are finally moving forward. This Saturday, the framer is coming to explore the load bearing walls and we will then be ordering headers. With your help, I finally nailed down a floorplan which I love, with one exception. I can't decide where the cleanup sink should go.

For a long time, I desperately avoided putting it in the island. I have it in the peninsula now and I hate it when people are sitting trying to eat and they have to look at dishes. Keep in mind that I don't have a dishwasher now. I am having a hard time realizing I won't have as many dishes out once we get a DW

The sink on the perimeter was perfect in an older floorplan version when the kitchen wasn't getting relocated. In that plan, I would be sideways to all the activity. Now, if I put it under the window, I will have my back completely to the activity. Not a problem when it's family, but it will be when we have company that wants to chat. On the plus side, I will be able to look out at the planned Spanish couryard and beyond to the horses.

I am really agonizing over this last decision. What would you do? If you think I should keep it in the island, should it go right in the middle? Which side would the DW go. Dish storage is by the MW.

Also, please feel free to comment on any other design issues. Thanks so much.

Here is my inspiration photo:

Comments (13)