SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamalapa

packing for multiple hotel stays....

Maura63
17 years ago

We are leaving for vacation soon. Typically we drive to the lake, unpack our clothes and stay for a week. Our family of four each packs into our own luggage (LL Bean duffle bag).

This time around, we are visiting a few different places and will be staying in 4 hotels (2 nights, 3 nights, 2 nights, 1 night). I'm thinking instead of packing the traditional way, maybe the four of us should pack together into the 4 bags, one bag for each "stay", so that we are not lugging 8 nights worth of clothes into each hotel.

Is this the best solution? Or, do you think we should each still maintain our own bags, but perhaps pack within each bag so as to only grab a smaller inside bag when going into a hotel.(I'm not even sure I have multiple smaller bags; I'm actually thinking of pillow cases, LOL.) Will we be running out to the car to retrieve a needed item?

Another option is that I have a footlocker trunk (that is currently storing my off-season clothes). I could keep that in the back of the car and open it at each hotel to take what we need for that stay? Packing for four into an empty duffle bag at that point?

Please share your insights, tips, and suggestions. Thanks :-)

Comments (6)