SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livnlearn

Configuring for an ugly microwave?

livnlearn
14 years ago

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and haven't invested the tremendous amount of time reading all the past posts, so excuse me if I'm repetitive...And I will write a better introductory post with pictures for opinions and suggestions down the road.

Getting ready to rid that '70's kelly green formica kitchen (yay!). Working with several KD's and finding if I give same instructions, all come back different. For budgetary reasons (unless I win lotto tonight), I will be reusing old GE dishwasher and old Sharp carousel microwave and toaster oven. This so I can afford my dream Bluestar cook top, 2 American Range 30" french door ovens and prestige 1200cfm rangehood (opinions welcome too).

The toaster oven and microwave are heavily used items. Anyway, biggest contention among the various KD's is where to place this fairly big microwave and ugly toaster oven. Is it functional to put into a kitchen cabinet and close the door or have open shelving on a lower base cabinet in an inconspicous corner/wall? I was toying with placing in the island too. One KD came back w/2 lift up doors that I thought were unattractive and look bulky. Thanks for ideas.

- LivNLearn

Comments (9)