SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tspitzer_gw

Suggestions on new house and craft area

tspitzer
17 years ago

Hi,

I have been thinking about this topic for several days, and among oher things, reading the past posts here. They were very helpful, so I'm hoping you may have some suggestions for me.

My husband and I are moving into a house in August, and expecting our first baby in September. It is a 3 bedroom house, with the bedrooms upstairs. One room will be ours, and one room for the baby. Downstairs, with the standard kitchen, living room, is a formal dining room. We do not require the formal dining room and want to make that into an office. We are both teachers and will be doing work at home, but feel that we would like to be closer to the central activity of the house when we are working, and to have the office there than in the third bedroom. Here is my dilemma - I have some space now, and some options. Do I make a craft area in that office/dining room as well, or in the third bedroom (until we have a second child?). I'm leaning towards making it in the office, because I think it would be used more, but I would appreciate any comments from any of you who may have done that. Also, if I do this, any suggestions on how to do it? I really want to put a lot of craft supplies in storage (basement), and just keep out things I am really using in the near future so it doesn't turn into a junk room, or storage room. I am thinking I would need some table/work space, and some storage space. Ideas on how to do that? Thoughts??...

Thanks so much for any feedback!

Tara

Comments (9)