SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pintosmom_gw

Cabnet Sticker Shock

Pintosmom
12 years ago

I am just beginning to pull together cabinet info for our kitchen remodel - it is a modest size kitchen 10x14, with an 8 foot pantry. The ceilings in the kitchen are cathedral, so to take advantage of the height we want stacked cabinets. I really want good quality cabinets with plywood construction - and hoping for inset doors. I started with Crown Point for a quote knowing they would be at the high end, but that I wouldn't have to pay sales tax or for installation (due to my very handy husband). Still, the estimate came in at almost $43,000. This is with almost no special features, and a 10% customer discount.

I am not sure what options contributed to this cost although I will look for some guidance from CP on this, I have some flexibility in design, but doubt we can move it down enough - this is double my budget for cabinets!

Are there suggestions for other lines that might keep me more inline with my budget while providing a quality, all wood cabinet with inset doors? I am not looking at any glazing, although a few of the lower cabinets will be painted. I was planning on getting quotes from Crystal, Omega,and Woodmode/Brookhaven. Although, they all come from a KD that requires the design fee in order to get the quote. After this, I am seriously worried that I may not be able to find the quality and look that I am hoping for with what I thought was a reasonable budget for a kitchen this size.

Comments (31)