SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

2' blinds on french doors anyone?

flseadog
14 years ago

Our window treatment saga continues. After deciding that we would use 2" blinds on our casement windows and french doors, the dealer told us that these blinds would not work on the doors because of the lever handles and suggested we switch the levers to round or oval knobs. We spoke with the window dealer and they said the lever handles could be changed but I have since learned that the knobs will be harder to operate and may cause a safety issue of egress for children or handicapped people. The window dealer has now said that we could get handle extenders so that the handle will be clear of the 2" blind but I'm worried that my knuckles will always hit the blind when I want to use the door. Since the extenders are quite expensive I don't want to do this unless I'm sure it will work.

Have any of you mounted 2" blinds on a french door? Do you have levers, knobs? Have you had a problem with the knob being hard to use to lock and unlock the door? Does anyone have an extender handle? If so, how much space do you have between the inside edge of the handle and the glass in the door? Thanks you for any help you can give.

Comments (19)