SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanama_gw

Separating dirt from block for painting

tanama
18 years ago

I have an older concrete block house that we need to repaint, and the painted block goes all the way down to under the dirt line. I'm really not looking forward to shoveling away the dirt, cleaning the wall well enough to paint while trying to not create a mudpit that just splatters dirt back up onto the wall I'm trying to clean, etc.

What I'd like to do is figure out something to permanently attach to the very bottom of the wall -- part above and part below the dirtline -- so that we can paint down to that line without having to paint where dirt goes against the house.

Click here to see what I mean - Look to the right of the bush:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3da09b3127cce9e7d20c002aa00000016108AcNnDVy3cM6

I was originally thinking that we could do just one row of some kind of thin decorative stone or block, cemented/glued to the wall, but someone told me (and showed me a website that supported his claim) that for even one row that's going to be half-buried in the ground, I'd have to create some kind of supportive footers underneath -- what the ****?!? Please tell me that there are other options!

Any ideas? Links to the materials you're describing are especially appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment (1)