SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

After a Few More Mishaps, The Brick Floor is Started!

User
10 years ago

Yesterday they scraped off all the tile from the basement entry and the bathroom floor...I was very happy as I prefer plain concrete to the ugly brown tile with the "decorative" edge of smalle brown and black harlequin pattern tiles that were there from a PO. The scraped off carpet glue and pieces of padding, thinset and pieces of wood from framed walls that no longer exist, and put down the first few rows of the brick in the larger back room.

Annoyingly, the GC had not told the floor sub that the corner cabinet was going to be demolished in favor of a new fireplace w/ built ins spanning the far left wall, so we are lucky they didn't get that far! (I find lack of communication to be the most serious fault in any and all systems, man made or natural or cosmic.)

The brick, which was run for us in Macon GA, was the wrong size, about an inch bigger than we ordered, but after playing with it for a few days I decided to keep it. I think it is going to be great!

And now for mortar color.... below are my top four choices. I am only interested in enhancing the look...picking a harmonious color. I don't care about cleaning ease, the floor will have two large rugs, one in each room, and the brick floors will probably be vacuumed once every two weeks with a vintage Eureka refurbished vacuum I bought specifically for this floor, it is all metal and presumably will not tear up on the brick. I am not planning to have this floor mopped more than four times a year--- less, if we can get away with it. When I said I wanted a "no care" floor, I meant it!

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Which ones are your top two favorites?

This post was edited by kswl on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 8:54

Comments (40)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH