SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homestylelisa

Kids clothes - no closets - dressers, or alternate methods?

homestylelisa
13 years ago

Hello all!

I have three kids and am going crazy trying to organize their clothes in their bedrooms. None of them have closets, and they each have one dresser. Besides having too many clothes (working on that!) I can't seem to get a "system" with one dresser each that works. The dressers are always stuffed full and a frustrating mess every time I open them to put clothes away. Because there is no closet, I can't hang anything, so everything gets folded/rolled and stuffed in drawers and it really just doesn't seem to be working well.

I was wondering if I need another piece to go with each dresser (if so, what?) or if I should switch to more of an open shelf method and ditch the dressers, or maybe someone has a totally new suggestion? I am at my wits end.

It doesn't have to be matchy-matchy or photo-ready, I just would like it neat and orderly so that:

1. kids can easily find what they need,

2. I can put things away without getting angry and frustrated

3. kids can hopefully start putting their own clothes away (I haven't asked this of them yet because I figure if Mom can't seem to figure it out, how will they??)

I thank you in advance for your much needed advice!

Comments (12)