SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenwebber

Looking for clothing closet help

gardenwebber
15 years ago

I have a built in closet in our bedroom that is shaped like this:

{{!gwi}}

Is it just me, or is this awkward? Rebuilding it is not really an option due to its location in the home, so we are trying to revamp the inside of it.

We were using it for general storage but would like to converet it to hold our (DH and I) clothes. It seems a bit small, but in addition to this closet we will each have a dresser.

I am having a hard time figuring out where to put a hanging bar and shelving, and in what direction it all should go, how many shelves/bars we should have and how high it/they should be.

DH and I don't own much formal wear. He has a "business casual" wardrobe, and I own 2 dresses and am an "at home" mom, so my wardrobe is also pretty casual. (In other words, we don't need a whole lot of full length hanging space) We would like to store our tops in there, our shoes, belts, maybe some extra space for boxes or added storage would be helpful if possible. We are both tall, so I am not sure if we can stack bars on top of eachother without the shirtsleeves dragging on the floor.

Any suggestions or at least starter points on how I might organize this closet? Right now it is barren, so I can put whatever shelving/racks/bars I want inside of it.

Thanks a lot!

Comments (13)