SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilydilly_gw

love to organize, hate to clean

lilydilly
15 years ago

How do I learn to love to do both. Our house is decluttered, easy to clean, I have the right tools, I have the time....

I've tried music, routines, motivational stuff... nothing seems to help me like doing it.

There are some things I don't have a problem with. I'm always happy to clean the toilets, the sink, and benches, do laundry, iron, and I'm even happy to scrub the doll's furniture! The things I don't like are showers, floors, mirrors, windows, dusting... I must have an aversion to surfaces or something. Or is it that they are just plain boring things? Oh, and the oven, but I've never met anyone who did like cleaning that LOL.

But I read on here of people who'd prefer to mop the floor than organize a closet. I'm just the opposite.

Is there a way to change? I really love our home, and there is nothing actually about it that creates the problem. It's to do with me.

I'd rather clean inside the car than the outside.

I'd rather scrub the patio chairs with a toothbrush than sweep the patio? I'd rather wash 10 sink loads of dishes, than get out the mop.

So, you wise and wonderful people... what's my problem.

Have any of you changed, and what's the secret?

I thought I could pretend I was yoga class or something, but nope, I'm perfectly happy doing bow poses at yoga class, and perfectly miserable doing bow poses while I'm mopping.

Yes, I could employ a cleaning lady, but I don't want to, and have no reason to, really. Oh, and I do clean, because I really do love having a clean house, but that's not motivation enough for me to enjoy the actual *process*.I just want to learn to love cleaning.

Open to all advice, thank you.

Comments (15)