SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

A Typical Mother

marie26
17 years ago

I read this and thought it was worth sharing. I felt as though I was reading an article about my own life.

A Typical Mother

Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "IÂm tired, and itÂs getting late. I think IÂll go to bed." So she went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next dayÂs lunches, rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper the following evening and prepared the coffee pot for brewing the next morning. She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer. She then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleanser, put on her night solution & age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth. Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed." "IÂm on my way," she said. She put some water into the dogÂs dish and put the cat outside, then made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was on. She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and TVÂs, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework. In her own room, she set the alarm, laid out clothing for the next day and added three things to her 6 most important things to do list. About that time, Dad turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular. "IÂm going to bed." And he did without another thought. Anything extraordinary here? Wonder why women live longerÂ? Âcause mothers are made for the long haul!

From "Fish Fables" which is a free circular handed out in Whitefish, Montana

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County