SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodokus

white toilet and trim with cream bath vanity cabinet??

jodokus
11 years ago

If we have a cream-colored vanity in a small bathroom but the toilet, tub, and paint trim are white, is that going to look bad? Should we just get a darker wood cabinet instead?

We had a leak that saturated the particle board base of our existing low-quality bath vanity. To prevent mold problems, we have to now replace the vanity. Since the vanity top is really old and worn, we won't reuse it. Unfortunately, at this time we don't have the money to remodel the entire bathroom the way we'd like it to be (I dream of a classic carrara marble bathroom some day!) After much looking, we finally found a place with reasonably priced vanities that include a granite top and sink. We liked the cream white vanity with the kashmire white granite top. HOWEVER, I'm really concerned that the cream cabinet will clash with our white tub.

The current toilet (white) is going to be replaced, so I suppose we can easily switch to a cream toilet if they make such a color, but the old bathtub has to stay for now, and it is white. Also, the door trim and baseboards in that bathroom is white.

I'm really worried about the look of a cream cabinet when we have a white door, white trim, white tub, etc. Should I not be concerned? It's just a small bathroom in a nondescript 70s tract house. The cream cabinet will be only a couple inches from the very white door leading into the bathroom. They will be perpendicular to each other, but still .....

Comments (2)