SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Would you like to see this year's piece of miniature art?

FlamingO in AR
15 years ago

It just came today, yay! I'm glad Fed Ex works Fed holidays!

I was lucky enough to be able to go to the Miniature Art Show last month and this is the piece I picked. Our budget was smaller than years past, so I only got to pick one, which was hard!

I couldn't believe this piece wasn't sold when I got there, the show had been open a day already. The artist, Jane Mihalik, is well known to us, we have 2 other pieces that she has painted, one was commissioned and has our old calico cat, Tess, in it. She won Best of Show with a different painting, but this one was my favorite. Even though Woody wasn't there to help pick it out, I was pretty confident that he would approve of it. Over 800 paintings were submitted to the show and a good many of them were sold by day 2.

The painting is about 3.25" square.

We hung it up next to another painting by the same artist, the one with our cat and the girl in the red slicker. I'll probably move it eventually, but at least it's up on the wall away from the terrorist cats!

Woody likes it! He likes it a lot. I've shuffled a couple of pieces around and I'm going to take my favorite cat painting upstairs for a while to make room on the wall for this new one. (Not that cat painting that you see, I call that one the "crabby-apple cat". lol)

I just thought you might like to see it. :)

Comments (14)