SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeonasky

Family are coming May 14 and the house is a disaster!

yeonasky
18 years ago

I need to clean this house top to bottom, and I'm not a good cleaner. I usually procrastinate or get busy with work, family, etc and use that as an excuse. I want this time to be different! I work at home on our business, so can be flexible as long as I get the work done. Problem areas are everywhere. Not so much excess clutter, but there are recycling pile ups, all over the kitchen. The fridge experiments are gone, but the whole fridge, shelves and all, needs cleaning. All floors need washing and carpets cleaned. All walls need wiping down and kitchen ceiling needs cleaning! Not to mention the garden needs tidying and grass needs mowing. As I write this the lump in my throat of fear and trepidition I always feel when I have to clean, grows. I don't want to put it off until the last minute, but I don't want to do anything over again either, so don't know when to start what. That is my question in part to you. When do I do what? My work for our business is very time consuming and I tend to freeze up for a bit about that too if I let it slide at all, so I have to keep current with that. That's our bread, butter, and plants!!!, so I have to try not to get overwhelmed by the housework and freeze up and not do work. Can you tell I have anxiety problems? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

BTW re the recycling, DH, it appears, just doesn't have time in the morning to deal with it and is too exhausted to do it at night. He works for our business as a working construction sub contractor. In other words he works physically for 10 hours a day. Before when there wasn't as much business work I could do all the stuff. Now that I'm working 3/4 time, I find I can't get to many things. I know it's me. I've always had less energy and drive to do lots, and seem to need lots of down time compared to others, but that doesn't make any of this easier. I have, before major, now minor, kidney problems and have suffered from serious adrenal exhaustion on and off for years, so that explains the energy part apparently. Childhood difficulties and family heredity explains the anxiety stuff. Unfortunately meds don't work for Anxiety in my family, not to mention that most of us are allergic to most of the meds. We found out the hard way. It's frustrating, and difficult to work with these problems, but I have to, so I will.

I know there's no pat answers for my particular peculiarities, but maybe a step by step or day by day plan will get the work done for the moment.

Thanks for listening, and any insight and ideas.

Yeona

Comments (19)