SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swmbo_gw

Help Needed!! We are moving & dh is a packrat!

swmbo
17 years ago

I so appreciated all the help I received from you all with those terrific packing tips!

Back again as I REALLY need some ideas/suggestions!

The packing is going really well, I am flying through room after room! Have taken oodles of bagfuls of items to donate (ooh it feels good :)

However, my dh's domain (garage, shed etc) wow, what can i say, I would post a photo, however am not quite that brave! lol!

He holds onto so much! Tools - that he will not need again, he thinks that 1 days he might.....I mean do we really need to keep 18 hammers???? A lot of his tools were for this home we have sold that we renovated. Our new home needs absolutely no renovation whatsoever. Only tools needed will be for maintenance. Big difference!

In the past I have taken it upon myself to occasionally toss/donate an item of his here & there. Even tho the home we are moving to is larger than our current home, it does not have a shed where he can store all these items.

Has anyone else had this experience with their partner? I know I cannot possibly be Robinson Cruiso!!! lol.

Thanks in advance

swmbo

Comments (11)