SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigi7_gw

We're moving...need help with a range issue!

gigi7
13 years ago

I have read this forum so much since I came here in 2005 and don't know what in the world I would have done without GW. I never in a zillion years thought I'd be moving after the major kitchen reno that we did, but here we go...My gorgeous, sweet Lacanche Sully will stay here, even after I pledged to her that she would be with me always...but, that's the way it goes. The cooktop in the new house at least is gas, but not nearly up to the amount of burners and ovens that I need. The space will accommodate a 48", so here are some options that I have and I desperately need input from someone, everyone, and anyone here who can help me!

Here goes: A dealer here carries Wolf and, I found out, LaCornue (meaning for me,the Cornufe, not the huge $$$ ones!). I can get a newer model from Lacanche that would fit and has a drawer-convection oven (although pretty narrow). I can get a Wolf 48" duel fuel in a week or so. He also has available, a red CornuFe exactly like I would choose and available also in a week. (We are scheduled to move on March 10). A Lacanche would be about 3 months at least. My question(s) is (are): has anyone here actually cooked much on a CornuFe? I know Wolf's reputation, but does anyone really feel one way or another about their Wolf? The guy here said he has sold several, but only ONE of them to a person who actually uses it (!!!) never has sold a LaCornue of any kind. I already know Lacanche and how that ball rolls, but it is the most expensive of the three. Sorry this is so long, but I know that this is the place to come for real advice! Obviously, I'd love to have one sooner rather than later, but really I have no idea about the CornuFe or it's reputation when used a lot! Thank you sooo much for any advice you can offer! The pictures are not on MLS anymore, but there is a link I can give you (unless I mess up) so you can see the house. I have never been successful in posing a picture, and desperately need to learn because I'll need the decor forum quickly! The kitchen itself is beautiful, this is the only issue.

On a side note, you wouldn't believe some of the paint in the children's rooms in this house...goodness, I'll need lots of primer!! LOL

Kathy

Comments (16)