SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Dehydrator and grill pan, buy or not

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

Money is tight and I'm debating two purchases. One is a food dehydrator. Getting two grocery bags full of bananas has spurred my interest, although that's not good enough reason to buy one. I do canning to save money, so I'm thinking I would use it quite a bit, but I'm not sure. Other than these bananas, I'm thinking dried cherries and tomatoes, but not sure how much use it would get. I dry my herbs just by hanging them in the sun. It might be easier than canning for some things. I dunno.

The second is a grill pan. When I got to thinking about buying a small grill and the space I would have to devote to it, and the fact that it would most likely be gas, I thot, HMMM, why not just buy a cast iron grill pan and use it on the stove. Yard space is at a premium at my house. Or should I just con my mother into giving me her heavy 12 inch cast iron skillet next time I'm home, I'm sure she no longer uses it. It came from grandma. Doesn't have the ridges though. I only occasionally would like to grill, although I might do it more often if I had a grill pan. Mostly fish and chicken and vegetarian stuff. Do I need a grill pan or will the skillet suffice?

Comments (10)