SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

Sharing family photos. Here's mine, where's yours?

glenda_al
15 years ago

Grandson, 12 and his daddy, 43. GS is really growing and I feel so old.

{{!gwi}}

and DIL, Michelle with me!

We were headed to see Riverdance. My fellas had been with me before and weren't interested.

{{!gwi}}

Next, please!

Comments (64)

• marilyn_c
    15 years ago

Maybe it was you, Linda, who said that before, when I posted the picture...I think I posted it at the Meeting House one time. We always kidded him about looking like Gabby Hayes...who was a side kick of Roy Rogers. :)) The pic was made in Feb., 1958. He was 54 at the time.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, Nita, I would not recogize Bobby. He's really changed. Well, it has been a while since I saw him in person.

• Related Discussions

Love these glimpses into your gardens, here's one into mine

Q

Comments (5)
    Thanks for sharing.. you have given me a few great ideas for my new gardens. I love the colors of your chicken shed. Heck I even love your chickens..and am wondering if I can keep up with the work they bring in the winter.
    ...See More

Show & Tell Your Fall Decorations: Here's Mine

Q

Comments (65)
    Geez...you guys are really good!! I'm jealous! I haven't put anything out yet. Our weather is so goofy...one day it's fall...the next day it's summer...and then back to fall again. Evidently, summer will be back again tomorrow! (For joy!) My summer flowers are still too perky to replace. I'm not sure if I should be glad or sad! Actually...confused seems to describe me pretty accurately! My son in-law suggested using Roundup on the flowers, but how do you kill perfectly pretty flowers. Guess I'll have to wait for fall...or just skip to winter! Somehow bright pink impatiens don't seem very Halloweeny! They clash with my pumpkins! lol ~Sandy~
    ...See More

Please share your pretty flower photos here!

Q

Comments (26)
    Thanks plantloverkat, the bit of clematis breeding work I've done has been fun and rewarding. Yes, that last seedling is rather unique if I do say so myself. I've gotten germinations in as quickly as two months when using warm stratification and generally blooms by the second season, though given a bit of TLC, I've known others to have seedlings produce flowers in their very first year. That first seedling shown had later produced these beauties
    ...See More

I'll Share Mine, If You'll Share Yours Tues March 16th

Q

Comments (13)
    Vetall, am I right in assuming that the catwalk in your picture is only accessible if you have 2 good feet. I mean that, the getting there is not a place for wheelchairs, correct? I have been loving your pictures every day of scenic places in AZ.
    ...See More
  • carol_in_california
    15 years ago

I just sent this photo to my DS in Tokyo....he hasn't met some of his relatives and it has been a really long time since he has seen most of the others.
    I included a few pictures from when he was a kid.

• lydia1959
    15 years ago

Great looking families!

Here is DD a couple summers ago with Aaron Tippin (country music singer).

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

This first one was taken in the early 1940s. Left to right my uncle wearing the ear bobs, my dad and my aunt. They seemed to be a little confused. :)
    {{!gwi}}

This one was taken in 1954.My mother and brother in front on the left, an uncle, an aunt. She's the one who was dressed as a boy in the first picture. My sister is next, then a great aunt. I'm in front of the curtain. The woman in front on the right is my aunt jean and two of my cousins.

{{!gwi}}

• bigack
    15 years ago

So nice to see everyone's families! Here's DH and I, a couple years ago, when I had red hair,lol. Also, the boys, about the same time.

• donnakt_gw
    15 years ago

This is my dad and I was about 2 years old.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• donna_oh
    15 years ago

How nice to see all these pics!! Really great!

Glenda, PJR sure is growing up--wow!

Donna (^_^)

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

Great pictures everyone! I have to see what I can find in my family members Facebook photos to post.

Anne

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

This is a picture of my niece Jennifer's kids at Christmas. Jake, Joey and Julia

{{!gwi}}

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

Bathtime for the newest member of my family - my Great Nephew Noah - 4 months old.

{{!gwi}}

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

My Brother Ray and his family - my SIL Shelley and my nieces Samantha and Leah facing us. The woman and boy are friends of the family.

{{!gwi}}

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

My oldest brother David and my SIL Doreen and their new puppy Mischa. Grandparents to Noah.

{{!gwi}}

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

My niece Laura, my brother Paul's daughter. She used to have beautiful red hair before she dyed it.

{{!gwi}}

• paula_pa
    15 years ago

Dan (7 months):

with Nick (5):

• grammahony
    15 years ago

Here's my daughters and their children. Families are color coded. I'll have to find one of Quintin as he didn't come up in this one.
    Leslie

• grammahony
    15 years ago

Here's Rachel and Quintin. My California grandkids.
    Leslie

• lindaohnowga
    15 years ago

Me in white top and our dear daughter:

My hubby Ivan....Pops and our daughter:

Son-in-law, daughter, hubby, and me:

• jel48
    15 years ago

From Gary's and my wedding last June. From left to right. Our youngest, my step-daughter Emi, behind Emi is Mike who is Gary's friend from work and who was his best man, me, Gary, Gary's oldest daughter Missy who was my matron of honor.

My son-in-law, Brad's 30th birthday in 2007. From left to right, me, Brad, daughter Jaime, the kid's dad John, son Jeremy, and daughter-in-law Alyssa.

Daughter Jaime and son-in-law Brad at dancing at my son's wedding, Dec 2006.

Son Jeremy and daughter-in-law Alyssa dancing at their wedding, Dec 2006

Bicycle powered 'car' for 4 at Duluth, MN. Left to right, me, step-granddaughter Stephanie, Gary, step-daughter Emi, summer 2008.

• caflowerluver
    15 years ago

My twin sister and me a couple of weeks before I got married in 1977. That was my first car,1974 VW Kharma Ghia. I had just bought it a few months before. (sister is the one in Hot Pants!)
    Clare

{{!gwi}}

• flowerpotmama
    15 years ago

Here is the only one I could find that's recent and it has my in-laws too. :)

On the left side-There's me in the red with Evelyn and her mashed potato hair, Jason's brother's girlfriend, Jason's brother, Jason in the Flames apparel (of course!), our nephew, and Annie.

On the right side-There's Claire on her grandpa's knee (Jason's dad), Jason's sister, and you can barely see Jason's mom and his sister's husband. (and you can't see our other nephew at all...of course he is three and completely hidden)

This was taken on Boxing Day 2008.

Danielle

• alisande
    15 years ago

I'm thoroughly enjoying all these pictures!!

Here's my daughter (right) and granddaughter, taken this Christmas.

Also at Christmas, here they are at my house with my DD's SO.

Still at Christmas, here's my DS.

Me in October 2000 with my daughter Jill, whom we lost seven months later.

My late husband at his favorite place to be, a horse show:

My grandmother, Alice Campbell:

My mother and me:

• marilyn_c
    15 years ago

Loving seeing the pictures, too, and nice to be able to put faces with names.

Here's another old picture...my sister and my oldest brother.
    My sister will be 82 on the 17th of this month, and my brother died last year at 83. This was made during the Depression. My family was very poor.

My sister's name is Nadine and my brother is Hobert.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

Have shown this one before, but it's one of my favorites and hangs by my back door: my grandparents, my dad and his nine brothers. We're another family like Marilyn said that her's was - poor (but proud!) You don't have ten sons born from 1900-1924, live in the country on a small farm and roll in $$! LOL

They're all gone now and I loved them very much:

• danihoney
    15 years ago

These are all so nice. I don't have any good pictures on my Photobucket page yet so I can't share yet.

Alisande - What a gorgeous picture of your DH. He was a handsome man.

Ya Ya - Your DGM looks like she meant business. Bet those boys didn't get by with much around her. :o)

AND I am in LOVE with little baby Noah!! What a cutie-pie!

• paula_pa
    15 years ago

Oh Ya Ya, it looks like your grandmother is thinking 'why couldn't I just get one daughter who could have helped me with the housework!'

• grammahony
    15 years ago

YaYa, my grampa was one of 9 boys. He was born in 1895.
    Leslie

• sandy_in_ia
    15 years ago

Our whole family.
    Travis-Deans son, Caryn-DD#1, Mike-Kalie's BF
    Jessica-Travis' wife, Kalie-DD#2
    Myself & Dean

• ruthieg__tx
    15 years ago

I thought I had posted this picture but I am walking around in a chemo fog so I guess I didn't...

{{!gwi}}

Front L to R...DD-Deb, friend from Tampa, DD-Suzanne in yellow DIL-Roxy in Pink ...that's me next to Roxy
    Back..Friend Johnny, My Beloved, Son Michael and Suzzanne's husband Russell.

• cherbo
    15 years ago

I do digital scrapbooking and this is the email Christmas card I sent out. L-R My husband, daughter, me and two sons.

• nodakgal
    15 years ago

Great looking peeps!

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

Still enjoying everyone's pictures.

Here is a picture of my cousin Hannah. This picture was taken when she was in Kuwait, she is now in Iraq. I love this picture because Hannah is so petite and she has to wear all this gear. LOL Hannah is a military lawyer but still had to take basic training, etc. She has been deployed for at least a year.

{{!gwi}}

• Cherryfizz
    15 years ago

I think these are my Dad's ancestors or at least some of them are. Found the picture in my Grandparent's family album. They were hat manufacturers and mill owners. I love how almost everyone is wearing a hat. Taken in England. For all I know this group could be townsfolk or employees. LOL

• lydia1959
    15 years ago

Cherryfizz's reminded me of this one I have of my Dad's family.

My Dad is the little white haired boy in the middle at the bottom. On his right is my living aunt and on his left (with the dark buttoned dress) is a deceased aunt. My Grandma is the lady standing on the far left. Grandpa is on the far left seated on the end of the second row.

I don't know who the lady is seated next to my dark-button dressed aunt - but she intrigues me. She looks so comfortable, while most everyone else is stiff and proper.

Not a very good scan. Here's a closer view.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's Donna OH with her daughter, Michelle, and son, Mike!

{{!gwi}}

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Donna OH with GS Dusty

{{!gwi}}

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

My DD and her DH:

• jeaninwa
    15 years ago

Son Spencer and grandson Ean

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing, everyone!
    Have sooo enjoyed looking at all the pictures!

More, please!

• marilyn_c
    15 years ago

My daughter, Erin.

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is my son and GS, Michelle with her girls when they were courting.

{{!gwi}}

• jel48
    15 years ago

I love this thread.

• rthummer
    15 years ago

{{!gwi}}

This is a picture of my granddaughter.
    (with finger in mouth, LOL)

• alisande
    15 years ago

Marilyn, I think this is the first picture I've seen of your daughter. She's beautiful. And I love the pic of your sister and brother, too. Romantic names!

• glenda_al
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rthummer, your grandaughter is absolutely adorable!

• Mickey15
    15 years ago

Me and my mom at Disney world last month.

And another pic from Disney World last month with me, my daughter Alyssa, Alyssa's friend Liz, and my mom.

And last but not least, me and my mom and my favorite mouse in the whole world.

• carol_in_california
    15 years ago

I love all the pictures!
    This picture was taken about 1915.
    My mom is the curly haired blond in the middle. My Uncle Bill and Aunt Laurabelle and my grandparents.
    The picture really needs to be restored.

• rthummer
    15 years ago

Thank you, Glenda_al. I love her, dearly. Don't all grannies? LOL.

• grammahony
    15 years ago

Wow Marilyn, what a pretty daughter. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her either.
    Leslie

• rthummer
    15 years ago

{{!gwi}}

Now you can see the real Ugly Betty!!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES