SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marge727

Summer project --Christmas Village make over

marge727
16 years ago

Lots of us seem to have Christmas villages that we don't know what to do with. Altho I live in soCal where it doesn't snow, I grew up in Chicago where it does snow sometimes. I got the idea of taking my old snow village and making it look like Chicago when I grew up. I could put up signs on the buildings with the names of the schools I went to, and the police building I have could really say CPD. I could have a Lincoln Park Zoo with the little animals. I might be able to cut up old photos of my family standing around. I know I could get a model of a car my family had.

My family would think that was interesting. That way I would feel fine about giving away some of the buildings that don't fit in. Unless I could use them to do the town my husband grew up in.

The reason I am starting now is that we are going to Chicago briefly in June and I might be able to get models of Chicago buses or some little signs I could use or even ideas.

Maybe the reason we aren't that enthralled with the snow villages is that they really don't have a meaning for us.

I did see some Village 56 White Sox buildings but I was a Cub fan so I think I can do better by myself.

Comments (10)