SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

OMG I'm Addicted

moosemac
9 years ago

With the last of the tomato harvest in full swing, I have been canning and freezing tomatoes, sauce, salsa and juice. A month or so ago, I made a batch of juice and decided to make it into Bloody Mary mix. Let me preface this by saying I am not a fan of horseradish in my Bloody Mary. I experimented and came up with my own twisted version which I love "virgin" but it also mixes perfectly with citron vodka. I don't have a recipe since I don't measure, I just taste but it goes something like this:

Cored and seed tomatoes and liquefy in a blender. Strain the juice through a fine sieve pressing to yield the liquid and remove any little peel pieces. To the juice, add the juice of half an organic lemon or more. Season with Adobo seasoning, seasoned salt, Mrs. Dash table grind, ground celery seed, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ground white pepper and if needed a little raw or brown sugar (I only used it in one particularly acidic batch). Stir and pour into canning jars. Let the mixture meld in the refrigerator overnight. Shake and serve or freeze for later use.

I can't get enough of this LOL. Every day I have a glass for snack. I have a glass instead of a second cup of coffee at breakfast. On Sunday, I almost cried when I finished the last quart I had frozen so I made another batch last night. Each blender full of tomatoes makes about 2 quarts of juice.

I love tomatoes but was never a huge fan of tomato juice so it seems strange that this has become my addiction. Anyone else have a tomato juice addiction?

Comments (4)