SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

My nephew Alan had another stroke

gwanny2three
15 years ago

Almost 2 weeks ago he had another stroke. Right before that they found cancer in his stomach and liver. He is bleeding internally now and they can't stop the bleeding. They sent him home yesterday by ambulance as he can't sit up for too long. They gave him 2 weeks to 2 months to live. He and his girlfriend are getting married tomorrow at his house. Something he wants to do before he passes away he says. They have wanted to get married for so long and he says he will not go without marrying her. Hospice came in this morning to set him up with whatever he needs. He will be on morphine now until the end. I just feel so bad for my nephew (his dad) and my sister. This is a horrible time....all the ups and downs, the high hopes they kept giving them was so wrong. They did remove his tumor from the brain but it was so deep that they couldn't remove it all without paralizing him or worse. Alan has refusing anything they offer for the last few weeks....just wants to be left alone. He knows and just wants to go in his own way....his one wish is to get married. Finally a doctor told them there is nothing else they can do for him but to keep him comfortable. I'm glad they got an answer, not happy about it, but at least they are off of the roller coaster about his treatment/non treatments. Please pray for him once again for a pain free ending.....

Comments (54)