SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvnola

Electrician is asking ?'s I can't answer! HELP!

luvnola
16 years ago

Long story, now that he is here to do the wiring he tells me he can't read the plans. WHAT?! He's had them for over a month and now that he is ready to install he can't read them? I have a call into the GC, but haven't heard back. At any rate, the question is in regard to the island. He can't tell exactly where it is suppose to go! I am at work (30 mi away) and don't have a copy of the plans to refer to nor can I leave to go home to deal with it.

My question: How many inches from the sink and cooktop should the island be?

details:

the room is 20x11

Sink will be on far wall (11 ft side)

To the right of the sink (20 ft wall) will be cooktop

I know this is not very much info but like I said I don't have measurement here with me. But an obvious question is no, neither the sink nor the cooktop will be centered on the walls the fridge will be approx 1foot from the cooktop on the right.

There will be a one foot overhang on the island on the side away from the sink with 2 bar stools.

I am using Ikea cabinets for the island. They will be

2 18in cabinets which will back to a 36x30 in cabinet.

Thereby making the island 54"(I think) across X 36" Long. When I say across that means width which is the 11ft wall.

Does any of this make since? And if anyone can follow my rambling can you answer my question?

Comment (1)