SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantoretire_did

I am SO energized

wantoretire_did
15 years ago

We came to the conclusion that it is time to downsize and move to an over 55 development. No mowing, plowing or shoveling, and put our house up for sale 3 days before the crash. Of course it was a dead winter. 2 weeks ago, had an eager buyer who then lowballed by 20%. So much for optimism. Nonetheless, I have persevered in my ongoing decluttering. I did a major paperwork clean out a few weeks ago, and yesterday I cleaned out the huge rolltop desk and condensed files into a 2-drawer cabinet. We have made arrangement for a 2nd hand furniture dealer to take the desk and a small entertainment center (gluts on the market now). Not much $$ but at least they will be gone. I'll have to play with my keyboard and screen, but it is certainly doable.

I am SO relieved. I even took some out of size bedding to the donation center, and DH donated some of his paintings to the hospital thrift shop.

We are really making headway and it is so energizing for me. Heaven only knows when we will make a sale, but in the meantime, we are making great progress!

Comments (6)