SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

purging, purging, purging!!!

talley_sue_nyc
19 years ago

I had an unexpected day off yesterday. Our church's organist is away, and I was asked to "fake it" at a funeral in the middle of the day.

What w/ commuting time, etc., it just wasn't worth it to come to the office. So I had time at home, WITH NO KIDS!! (I love them, but I *cannot* get anything done while they are in the apartment)

In the morning, I went through my paperback books--and the equivalent of 2.5 big moxing boxes is leaving my house! 1.75 to a charity used-book store, and the rest to my mom, to read and toss, or read and return (only 4 are coming back yay!)

Then off to church. Eva was 103 years old.

Back home, to fold clothes and go through my closet.

I was really pretty ruthless. I think I kept 3 things I maybe shouldn't have. And I've kept some jackets that I probably will wear, but maybe will discover I'm done with--tired of.

I threw out a medium kitchen trashbag full, and filled ANOTHER moving box. with clothes.

I want a pat on the back (and a commiserating hug) bcs one of those was my Harvé Benard suit, that I found, and loved loved loved. But it's a size 10, and that's not coming around again. I kept it for sentimental reasons for a LONG time.

There's nothing in my closet! My husband is disturbed by this--"what will you WEAR?" he asked. The same 5 twill pants I always have, hanging in the center.

I don't think I've EVER been this ruthless in a closet-weeding session. A lot of it, though, there was just no question. It wasn't hard to ditch it, at all.

hooray, hooray!

I have an empty cabinet in the LR, that will not absorb the Imaginext stuff, so goodbye to those ugly big plastic bins sitting around in the corner, etc. Shelves are better for toys, anyway.

Comments (27)