SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Frogs legs?

caliloo
13 years ago

Have you ever had them? In one of the pics of the Reading Terminal Market, you can see the frogs legs for sale. I showed the photo to a friend of mine who said her husband LOVES frogs legs and she will have to pick some up to surprise him. She has never made them before either, so she googled and sent me the following. I think I am going to have to pass.......

Frogs Legs

Ingredients:

12 good sized frog legs (skinned and cleaned)

1/2 lb. unsalted butter

2 tbsp. milk olive oil

1/2 c. milk

salt and pepper

1/2 c. flour

juice of 1 lemon

1 tbsp. minced parsley

1 tsp. minced chives

cayenne pepper

2 cloves garlic (pressed)

Directions:

After you have skinned and cleaned the frog legs, you may wish to cut the tendon that leads to the toes so that the legs won't jump around in the skillet. You may also leave it and ignore the wiggling toes. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and the olive oil in a 10 inch skillet. Season the milk with salt and pepper, then dip the frog legs in the milk and then in the flour. Shake off excess flour. Cook over medium heat, turning once, until browned on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes. Now add lemon juice, parsley, chives, and a dash of cayenne. Put a lid on the skillet, turn heat down as low as possible, and prepare sauce. Place remaining butter in a smaller skillet, squeeze in the garlic and the brown butter, stirring until it begins to smell like caramel. You will have to watch that it doesn't burn. It's one of those things that you have to hold back on until the last instant. Cook the butter until you think any moment it might burn, then whisk it away from the fire and place the pan on a cold trivet to cool it quickly. Place the cooked frog legs on a hot serving platter. Pour the browned butter over and garnish with lemon slices.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor