SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cwalen_gw

Small U shaped Kitchen layout, take 2

cwalen
11 years ago

Met with another KD this weekend. This plan is better to me than the first.

To recap, we have a 12x10 kitchen that we cannot open up to adjoining sunroom because of once-exterior brick walls, but are opening up one wall to the adjacent LR. Our dining room is off of the sunroom and not directly adjacent to kitchen. (Don't flame - its a 1936 cape cod. We cannot move the kitchen due to cost restraints, so the DR will have to remain two rooms away. I know, NOT optimal)

What I like:
1) the sink in the corner, allowing me to look into adjacent LR, as well as an expanded prep area between range and sink
2) DW in the peninsula (out of view). It is currently to the right of the back window which is odd for me as is to the left of the current sink. I am right handed.
3) peninsula. I wanted an island but my space won't allow it. So a peninsula is the next best thing, allowing room for the kids to have a quick snack, do crafts/homework while being in the kitchen while I am cooking/prepping/baking

What I'm not sure about:
1) fridge placement. I like that its outside the U, but would like to talk to contractor about recessing it a bit more, allowing more walkway. The layout doesn't show it but KD allowed for 3' clearance with fridge doors shut.

THOUGHTS? Criticism?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES