SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Bill V--Tile on its way--need your help

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

Hi Bill (or any other tile expert)

As you may or may not know, the search for the backsplash is over at my house. I won a contest when my kitchen was chosen for a free backsplash in exchange for photos of it installed.

Since 99% of this project is a DIY, we thought that my dh and a friend who has done a lot of tile work, would do the install. I am not sure if they will know how to do this exactly. If you look at this tile, it is 6.5" x 5.5" (I think that is for the square with multiple arabesques on it), how can it be tiled so that there is virtually no seam between each tile so as not to interrupt the pattern?

Also, is there different stuff that goes on the wall to hold tiles up? (I bet my dh & our friend know, but I just want to ask you) What would be used? How would I find out?

There are bullnoses available for this tile.

Any opinions you can give me would be greatly appreciated. If you think that I need to hire in a real old-time pro to get this right, let me know and I will try to find someone.

I am sure I will want the grout to match the tile, whether it is the ivory or white. (I have to choose which color I want). So, I've read all sorts of stuff about that too--silicone? sanded? I'm sure I could take this tile to a tile store and they could tell me what to do, but geez, your our guy--we trust you!

As always, thanks for your help.

Here's the tile:

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)