SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Discarding stuff is great! Discarding stuff is awful!

alisande
15 years ago

I know I'm rehashing subjects that have been discussed here many times before, but I figure it can't hurt to revisit them.

With an old house, no built-ins, and almost no closets, a lot of my office supplies, cleaning products, and assorted other things have been residing in big plastic bins, awaiting more suitable storage. Well, D-Day is here: I have a nice big desk now, and last week the contractor completed my new laundry alcove, complete with wall cabinets.

I'm eyeing the desk, cabinets, and bins, and it's clear that the contents of the last are not going to fit in the first and second. Therefore, what's left over will have to go back to a bin or be thrown away.

No More Bins!! (It's my new mantra.) So . . . time to get out my old mantra: Ruthless. I know once this stuff is out of here I'll feel lighter and empowered. But I also know the process isn't easy. I'll be besieged by negative thoughts . . . you'll need this again someday . . . oooh, remember when you bought that? You should keep it! Life is never simple.

Your thoughts/tips are appreciated.

Susan

Comments (5)