SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sueque67

Needing a shoulder and some advice...(long)

sueque67
16 years ago

For the past year my family has been through a lot. I haven't any time to sit here and post in a while but I do try to read everyone's posts.

I am having to keep my emotions in check lately and keep it togethor for my sons. But the heart is hurting and I need a shoulder and maybe some advice please. Here goes....

After some long disscussions for the last 6 months or so between my DH and I, my DH had decided he will be going to Afghanistan for a year. His date is not "set" yet to leave but has been estimated for (next month)late March to mid April.

He has been running around getting his physical, passport, etc.

My Dh has always been a caring, loving and giving kind of guy. He wil be training the Afghan men to be Police Officers.

My oldest son (20) is taking it hard. For about 10 years he grew up without a father and he is afraid (told me not DH) his stepdad will not make it back home. My youngest almost 4 hasn't a clue. But when Daddy leaves for work everyday he begs to go with him. They are like two peas in a pod. :)

Maybe I'm selfish but I don't want my DH to do this!!

I am so afraid for my DH over there. I am afraid I will lose it trying to run the household and raise my little one by myself. How will my kids deal without Dad around?

I have never went through this before and hope anyone that has can please give me some advice to keep my sanity.

I am so proud of my DH for wanting to do this and mad as H*ll at the same time!

Susan

Comments (13)