SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
talley_sue_nyc

spacing the tray dividers to store cookie sheets, cooling racks

talley_sue_nyc
19 years ago

I haven't gotten all the organizing stuff into my cabinets.

I need to install the tray dividers over the fridge; the cookie sheets are making me nuts.

So this Saturday, I'm sending the kids to the park w/ DH, and getting out the drill.

I just need to decide how to space them.

Got any ideas? Here's what I own (and I'm not likely to add much to it, nor will I be getting rid of it, as I use it all, for different things)

2 big insulated cookie sheets (matching pair; edge is angled, so they can next together)

1 big aluminum cookie sheet (tad bigger than the other ones; different sort of lip, sharper angle; I don't want to next w/ those, I think)

1 mid-size rimmed baking sheet (rimmed on all 4 sizes, smaller than the other cookie sheets, but bigger than the little one, so I don't want to stash them together so the rims don't tangle it)

1 very small insulated cookie sheet (a little bit smaller than a piece of paper)

2 large cooling racks (nest these has been problematic in the past bcs I often only want one, and the little feet get them snagged; also, they can snag on the tray dividers themselves, since the dividers are wire. I'm thinking of interspersing them w/ the cookie sheets)

1 box that contains 3 stacking cooling racks (I don't use these daily, bcs I stash them in the box to keep them from tangling & flopping, but I do use them for big baking binges; the box itself is about the size of the midsize cookie sheet)

2 mid-size cutting boards (about the size of the rimmed cookie sheet)

The tangling of the wire cooling racks feet is the biggest problem; otherwise, there'd be no real problem.

I used to have tray dividers, and ran into the same problems. I don't know if I have enough--three, I think?

Comments (8)