SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Kind of bummed out right now....

Kathsgrdn
11 years ago

I was at work this weekend, very low census so after helping a little bit I was looking at VA jobs and found 4 openings for Hawaii. I was so excited that I started getting paperwork ready to send to them to apply. I asked Lauren and Alex how they felt about moving there, (me and Lauren), and they were fine with it. Kind of surprised me that Lauren was so for it since a couple years ago I went for a visit and she didn't want to go. She wanted to spend her summer with her friends instead.

So, she started looking at condos in Honolulu, I was looking at homes for rent and to buy in Hilo and Kona because I really didn't want to live in Honolulu. I wanted something totally different than what I'm doing now...which is med-surg nursing. Both Hilo and Kona are little clinics.

I even looked up how much it would be to ship my car over there and started to look up how much it would be to take our pets over there...when I reread the posting and that's when I saw they were only taking applicants already living in Hawaii. I understand it would be cheaper for them, they wouldn't have to pay for relocation expenses but I'm so bummed out. I e-mailed the woman who was on the contact and this morning she e-mailed me back with the name of the HR person to contact. I've called her twice and she is not available. I just want to find out if they ever make the jobs available to outside of Hawaii residents. I would think they would have to sometimes...I just don't want to keep hoping that someday I can transfer if that never happens.

Anyway...just a little let down right now. I've been working in the same job for over ten years and I'm ready for a change. And ready for a new place, somewhere warmer.

Comments (29)