SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

I want to Feng Shui someone's office...

claire_de_luna
16 years ago

...as I'm spending a lot of time there. I've had an opportunity to get to know the owners, and they've helped me so much I would like to give something back. This is a fairly new business (I think about one year) and the owners are young. I'm certain they've had to operate on a shoestring, although they are very professional.

I've noticed they could really use some help with the placement of furniture and plants, and I'd like to give them one free hour of design services. I'm trying to figure out how to approach them without being offensive, and am thinking about asking if they would like to try an experiment in helping to bring more $$ to their business by simply editing and re-arranging some items in their waiting room. It would be free (to them) so there's nothing to lose. I've spent a little time putting together a package of things they could add when they run across something that suits them, or have some extra $ to spend. This also includes printouts of plant care, and Feng Shui Tips for Offices so they understand the reasons for changing the placement of things. If they choose to at a later date, I believe they could spend less than $250 to make a huge impact in taking their waiting room from "no $ after college" to "upscale and sophisticated", just by adding a few things. I know that now the immediate plan is for new carpet in their space, so I know they want to make improvements.

Part of my plan involves taking them a small arrangement of Lucky Bamboo and repotting a Money Tree plant that they have (and want to keep) which is languishing. (I want to donate the plants as one gardener sharing to another, and already have the soil mix and plant material.) I want to share some water plants I need to repot and divide, when the weather warms up. (These involve very low maintenance and would add a ''water'' element without the care of maintaining a fountain, which is probably more traditional.) The only thing is, this would require a commitment on their part of finding water-holding pots for the plants (3 in all), and calling me for their plants once they have.

Is this all too much? Do I risk alienation by my suggestions? Part of this is self-defense as I want to feel good when I go in for my appointments! I need to keep going back there until my issues are taken care of, and I also have a...sensitivity...that could be calmed if a few changes were made. How do I go about asking if this is something they'd be interested in?

Comments (4)