SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Help with Graduation Party Menu

moosemac
16 years ago

Hi All,

I'm planning a large party for my daughter's prep school graduation, her 18th birthday and her brother's 21st birthday. The event will be in June but being the neurotic I am I have to start planning.

The facts are:

Attendance 100-150 (Yes IÂve done parties this size before inc. all the cooking.)

Venue  Backyard utilizing an event tent and pool house with full kitchen & bath.

Theme - ???? (I usually do a theme. For my sonÂs graduation, we did an island theme complete with leis, grass skirts and Hawaiian shirts on a friendÂs antique motor yacht. We had 50 people and did hors d'oeuvres: Kona coffee ribs, Thai shrimp cocktail, caramelized Maui onion dip, pineapple ginger chicken tenders, tropical fruit skewers, fresh veggie skewers and I canÂt remember what else.

Any ideas on a theme and a menu I can manage basically by myself? IÂve done a BBQ for 120 before with just a friend helping man the big grill but thatÂs it. My husband and his family will be there but their help is limited to picking up dirty dishes and trash detail. Obviously preparing most of the food ahead is the key.

I was thinking maybe a pig roast but itÂs been done before.

Oh yes did I mention IÂm nuts!

Thanks for the help.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm