SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

bons, your vegan cake

13 years ago

Wacky or otherwise named... Can you put zucchini in it? I'm really horrible at substituting in baking. What if the water was cut some and in place, the zucchini? Do you think it could work? Or maybe lessen the flour? I'm sorry, I'm really horrible at this, but I can just taste the chocolate zucchini cake I'm imagining. And I'd love to find another carb that isn't so off the charts bad for you, as my son only has fruit, milk, and yogurt every morning. He loves a pop tart (we're getting ready for him to make his own versions from the recipe posted her earlier this year), and I'm so desperate for him to grow (he's in the 5% overall in height and weight. That boy needs some meat on his bones!), that I've even let him eat brownies (how different is that from a cheese danish or a muffin? (((smiles)))) after his other stuff in the morning.

:)

And what frosting do you put on it?

Posted by bons (My Page) on Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 17:07

Here's my T&T Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe (which can also be made into cupcakes. You cannot tell it's Vegan.

There are a lot of Vegan frostings out there as well.

Vegan Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour

1 cup White Sugar

1/2 cup Cocoa Powder

1 tsp. Baking Soda

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/3 cup Vegetable Oil

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

1 tsp. Distilled White Vinegar

1 cup Water, (I use water but can use soy milk or rice milk)

(Optional: add Chocolate Chips)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one cake pan (or line cupcake pan with paper liners)

2. Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.

2. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.

3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. (cupcakes --> 20 minutes)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!