SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adoptedbygreyhounds

If you could prepare a fantasy meal for anybody...

If you could prepare a fantasy meal for anybody, who would it be and what would you cook?

The food section of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution often asks this question of chefs and cooks during an interview. The question is totally open-ended and gets some interesting responses. Your guests could be anyone from Ghandi to Beethoven to family you havenÂt seen in years to ...

I would love to have my parents and all of my grandparents and children at one table. My parents have been gone for several years. My beloved maternal grandparents were part of my growing up and I wish my children could have known them. Never knew my fatherÂs parents but have been told I look just like my fatherÂs mother.

My first thought was to prepare zuppa di mare and timramisu, because that is what I love to make for guests and for special occasions. However, I think the grands would prefer some old-fashioned down-home southern cooking, so the menu would probably have biscuits, grits, corn on the cob, turnip and mustard greens, fried chicken or ham, home-grown tomatoes and cucumbers, sweet tea with mint, and strawberry short cake.

What would be your fantasy meal?

Comments (18)