SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_falcon

Preparing meals to freeze

alexandra_falcon
9 years ago

Hello
I make a lot of meals and freeze them. My daughter is a full time college student as well as works on the weekends. She is on the go constantly and I have days when I am not well enough to get out of bed so I like to make up a lot of meals and freeze them. At my local pound shop I buy oven foils, they are basically single portion disposable foil pans with lids. I make up individual lasagnas, baked zitis, beef stews, chicken Kormas etc and freeze them. I also make up beef dsand bean burritos, chicken fajitas, breakfast burritos, biscuits with ham or bacon and bag them individually and freeze them so my daughter can grab one and throw it in the microwave before running off to college or work and if I am unwell she will come in and throw a meal into the oven and have a nice dinner at the end of a long day. I also recently found plastic reusable carry out containers like the ones you get from a Chinese restaurant. I like these better because they can go into the microwave and cooked from frozen in a fraction of the time. I found reusable plastic bowl and lids perfect for a bowl of soup or chilli. Yep another pound shop find. 12 bowls with lids for a pound and 10 plastic reusable containers with lids for a pound. The foil containers are great for not just a meal. I also make peach cobbler, pineapple upside down cake, brownies, apple crisp and par bake them then put the lid on and pop them in the freezer. When I want a dessert I take one out, pop it in the oven and finish cooking it. The soup bowls I also use when I make a recipe of cookie dough. I make a couple cookies to eat and pop the remainder of the dough in the bowls and freeze the dough. Or I break the dough up into so many portions and bag it and freeze it. I would be lost if I could not make meals up ahead. What a time saver.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living