SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Site for cataloguing books, dvd's and CD's

marie26
17 years ago

I copied this post from Katiec on the Cooking Forum. I hope she doesn't mind. I think that if you have extra time, it might be worth cataloguing your books, CD's and DVD's on this site. At least then, once they're organized on the computer, you can make a conscious decision of which ones to get rid of.

Here is her post:

What does a librarian do on her day off? I have a little problem with cookbook overflow...all my shelves are full and there are boxes and piles everywhere. We get such good cookbook donations (and guess who gets first dibs?), I've been keeping my Friends of the Library solvent. Besides being out of room, I've found myself picking up duplicates, so I thought it would be a good idea to weed, organize and inventory.

So I'm cataloging my cookbooks on Library Thing, starting with the piles that were dragged out for the holidays. It's really easy to get records and cover pictures, if available. You can also manually add records (nice for those oddball community cookbooks). I think it'll be very handy to pull up my list when I'm sorting those donations. DH wants to catalog all our books, but we'll see if I make it through my cookbooks.

Here is a link that might be useful: LibraryThing

Comments (5)