SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_189791

Another black interior door question

User
13 years ago

Catkin has a post about black doors and it reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. Didn't want to hijack. So, here's my question -- the interior doors in my house are an off-white (BM Vanilla Ice Cream). There is one french door between formal living room and DH's office. I love black interior doors and have been thinking of painting the french door black. But, I do not have the energy or the time to repaint all the other interior doors. Would it look weird to have only the french door black? Or OK since it's a different type of door (french vs. solid)?

Also, if I do paint it black, what kind of paint do I use? I use Benjamin Moore paint and I recently tried to buy black Waterborne Satin Impervo to paint a small cabinet. The guy at the paint store said he couldn't make that paint in black. Something about it not coming in a dark base. He said he could do it in oil based, which I didn't want. Or he could do it in a non-semi-gloss base. Was he wrong? What kind of paint do you use for the black doors. I'd want either semi-gloss or high gloss, I think.

Thanks!

Comments (10)