SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlottem70

Thoughts on black interior doors

Marie Walker
6 years ago

The home will be 1800 sq. ft. with 10 ft. flat ceilings. A little higher in areas with coffered ceilings ( living rm & owners suite). I love the look of black interior doors in the pics found on here. I am however concerned if done in to small of a space they may be overwhelming. I am just bored with seeing all white doors, trim. I am definitely painting the front double exterior/interior doors black inside and out, as well as the one light double French doors in owners suite bedroom. Front doors have 3 panels of rain glass similar to pic attached that I found on House. Other pics attached are interior door ideas I like. One is actually a deep navy, which almost appears black to me, another consideration. Whether I am brave enough to paint all interior doors black is the question. I like it, but does it appeal to others is the question . Resale will definitely be considered in the near future. And I don't want the expense of repainting doors, which btw are not solid wood. They are 5 raised panel core doors like Two of these example pics. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Charlotte

Comments (20)