SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Part IV: Side chairs are in, now what-curtains/mirror/upholstery

KevinMP
11 years ago

I've decided to just start over with everything on one thread since my efforts to have issues in separate silos failed miserably (and for the good).

I just finished putting the side chairs in, and they are even better than I expected. The shantung fabric (or so the boxes in which they chairs were packed said) on the seats actually matches the curtains perfectly and even the golds in the herringbone fabric sample I have (if I use it).

I removed the coats for the pictures since so many complained/were distracted (they're back now).

I also received my new Ralph Lauren window hardware today (2" diameter mahogany pole, brass brackets, brass/porcelain finial, and brass rings). I took a picture of them on the mantel next to the recently purchased mirror so you can see what the metal tones look like together. With the chairs in, and seeing the hardware near the mirror, and the curtains appearing now to be able to stay (after I had mentally sentenced them to limbo), am I crazy, or do these things all work together now? (If I keep it, the mirror still needs to be toned down a bit, regardless.)

Here goes. I've taken pictures with one of the two table leaves to show you how it looks that way, and then I've sequestered the upholstered arm chairs back to their corners and removed the leaf to show you how the table will look on a more daily basis. (I ordered four pieces of 1/4" glass yesterday (two half moon pieces for when the leaves are out, and two 20" x 45" rectangles for when each of the leaves is added. The glass will be ready on Saturday. Until then, there's a sheet over the table to protect it from the nosey cat.)

Enjoy and thanks everyone! (My Photobucket stopped letting me copy links, so I have to separate this into two posts.)

{{gwi:1578859}}

{{gwi:1578860}}

{{gwi:1578861}}

{{gwi:1578862}}

{{gwi:1578863}}

{{gwi:1578864}}

{{gwi:1578865}}

{{gwi:1578866}}

More pictures in next message:

This post was edited by KevinMP on Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 23:31

Comments (150)

Sponsored