SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Putting desktop computer in living room

marie26
18 years ago

We purchased a new desktop computer and have decided to put it in the living room. Talley Sue had given a link to a desk that had a permanent one with a part that you could roll out underneath it. This seems to be the perfect solution and I am seriously thinking of ordering it without the hutch since the flat screen monitor will sit on top of the desk.

The desk will be on a side wall with windows behind it and facing outwards. I have a sofa table there now which I'll move to the foyer. The bench in the foyer will probably be moved to the deck in the back.

I would like to get another piece of furniture to use for papers that I am working on. I don't want a mess in the living room but putting the computer there fits our lifestyle. What other pieces of furniture besides the desk should I be looking at to help keep things neat? I have a 5-drawer filing cabinet in another room already and only 2 1/2 drawers are filled so I don't need a filing cabinet. I'm just looking for something to hold the papers next to the desk.

I'm still looking for a cabinet(s) for all the books that I have in bins in the garage. In the interim, in this house, I can move these to our bookshelves in the library. It's just that I preferred having these particular "how-to" books separated from the ones in there now.

Comments (14)