SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fivefootzero

Restoring kitchen in shore home...

fivefootzero
10 years ago

Hi. We are trying to get some ideas on how to proceed with our kitchen in our home at the NJ Shore. The home sustained water from hurricane Sandy. Everything has been remediated, and we are now in the process of restoring the kitchen.

We have upper cabinets which are oak. I cannot replace with the same cabinets since they don't make them any more. My husband does not want to replace the uppers, since they are perfectly fine, and this is a vacation home. We are reusing the granite countertops that were there prior to the storm.

Would you try to match as closely as you can? Would you go in an opposite color direction? I was thinking of getting lowers in white and painting the oak on top to match. My husband does not like the two-tone trend of different color uppers and lowers either, so that eliminates that idea. The kitchen is open to the family room and sliders to the patio so I want something light and airy.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I usually can figure these things out but I'm stumped with this.

Comments (20)