SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

I want to paint my new island, another color

oldbat2be
12 years ago

There, I've said it. Actually broached the subject to DH last night and he didn't run away screaming, so don't have to post under an assumed name.

Here's what's in place now. Looking towards the cooktop:

Black dishwasher (on right) will be replaced at some point and eventually... ovens.

I've ordered barstools with frames in a color which matches the wood of the island, but just found out that I can get them stained a custom color for $10 more a chair. Now I just need to select a new color for the island, and I'll do something similar for the bar stools.

Barstools:

I can't find the fabric I selected for the barstools, but it's a silvery-sage color which goes well with the countertops. (I wanted them to blend in with the island). Nails will be satin nickel. Frames would be whatever color I end up selecting.

Would appreciate feedback/reality check. I really like GREY. You name the grey kitchen thread/grey kitchen, I've drooled over it. Here's my initial inspiration, but couldn't buy RTA cabinets in this color:

Here are perimeter cabinets. This is close to true color (they tend to look yellowish in most photos).

Here's a closeup of the color of the cabinets on the island. Ack! Red!

Here's a shot of the room, looking towards the front hall, Fireplace will be redone at some point, brick will be replaced by some other material. Darth Vader (love that nickname, honorbiltkit, have started mentally using when I see the fridge) will be replaced.

I think I'd take the drawers and cabinet fronts to a local cabinet maker and have them spray them the color we select. Then, just (hah!) sand, prime and paint the rest of the island.

I have not selected a backsplash yet.

So in summary -- does this make sense? Will grey work and if so -- any suggestions? Many thanks in advance for any feedback, oldbat.

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz