SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stressba11

Should I paint my ceiling white? What color walls? New stove surround?

stressba11
last year

i all. We are renovating our beach house and have installed new floors and cabinets. Prior to installation, we were planning to leave the ceiling as is, but now I'm wondering if we should paint the ceiling white to brighten the space up a bit? Also wondering what color you would recommend for the walls? I would like to keep it neutral and was looking at SW Basalt Powder and Behr Looking Glass but I don't know if they will provide enough contrast with the white cabinets while helping with the brightness. We haven't picked our countertop, but will either go with the gray quartz that is seen in the picture with backsplash and floor, or go with a very light quartz with veining and a darker backsplash/something with blues in it. I've also included a picture of the appliances we are purchasing to give a better idea of the space and colors used there. And finally, what should I do with the stove surround? I wanted to paint it white but the contractor said it will get very dirty and may even yellow so now I need to come up with another solution.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Comments (22)