SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiequsie60_gw

stainless farmhouse sink, soffit, peninsula - mtg. this morning!

SusieQusie60
13 years ago

OK - this is a shot in the dark since it's only 7:00 a.m. here on the East Coast and we have a meeting with our builder and cabinet guy at 9:30 a.m.....but what the heck!!

Just a few things I'm bouncing around (inside my head at this point) and I want to discuss this morning at our meeting:

I kinda like the look/thought of a farmhouse sink. After reading up on them, I think I would want to go with stainless steel (matches my appliances, more durable, easier to install.) However, I'm not sure if the finished "look" will "go" with my kitchen "feel." Generally speaking, thoughts on a stainless steel farmhouse sink?

I've also realized that I have to come to terms with the fact that I am going to have a soffit in my kitchen. Not crazy about the look, but I'm told there is "stuff" up there and if I want to get rid of it, we're talking more $ and that's a place where I'm not willing to spend too much. If I'm going to spend extra dough, I have other things that are more important. I don't see soffits in too many finished kitchens. Are they "out of style?" Thoughts on what can be done to make them look good?

My peninsula - I am very conflicted about one height or tiered. It's about 5 feet long, and I think I'm probably going to end up with a granite countertop. I absolutely LOVE everything about carrie eileen's kitchen. So many of the things she has are exactly what I've been thinking about. IF I could get a wood countertop (I just worry too much about upkeep and durability - I'm kinda lazy) I would get one height on the peninsula. I adore how hers looks. For some reason, if I go with granite, I feel like tiered is better...I'm also thinking maybe a very dark brown granite countertop might look good with my cabinets. Like carrie eileens the cabinets themselves are a "sagey" color, and that dark wood on hers looks spectacular. Am I crazy to consider a dark brown granite?

I'm going for a bit of a country look, more like what carrie eileen called a "new old kitchen" look - my house is a 1924ish Dutch Colonial. Thanks!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths