SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livvysmom

Hope I didn't wreck my new Food Saver

livvysmom
16 years ago

I finally unboxed my new FS from Costco. I used the cannisters several times -- they were very easy to use. I then decided to vacuum seal chicken shish kebob that I put together to take camping with us the next day. I did have the chicken in marinade but it didn't dawn on me that it would still be so "juicy."

I "made" a bag, filled it and started the sucking and sealing process. It was going along good and suddenly I noticed liquid (marinade) going up into the machine. I quickly shut it off. I changed the setting to "moist" and restarted it.

It did vacuum and seal but there was moisture in the seal and the top of the bag (that is not sealed). So, I noticed by the end of next day it was still sealed but did not appear air-tight anymore. I would guess that was because liquid got into the part of the bag that the machine sealed.

Anyhow, I was freaking out about the marinade going into the machine. I don't think a lot got in but I do know this can wreck the machine (and I've only had it 3 days). It still appears to work ok but I've only used cannisters since then.

Do you think I am safe or is this thing going to die on me now.

Also, how else could I have sealed my shish kebob (I did not want them frozen).

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor